The Floral Pavilion is a theatre in the seaside town of New Brighton, on the Wirral Peninsula, in Merseyside.
The original theatre opened in 1913 as an open-air summer theatre within the Victoria Gardens. In 1925 it was covered by an iron and glass roof and during the mid-1960s it was largely rebuilt, with a full metal roof.
The theatre closed in 2007 and was demolished as part of the town’s £60 million Neptune Project redevelopment
plans. The building was rebuilt to a new design and reopened in December 2008. As well as an enlarged theatre
auditorium, seating over 800, the complex also provides for conference facilities and a large multi-purpose lounge area.
The Floral Pavilion was the first phase of the £60m regeneration scheme for New Brighton. Situated in a prime location in the heart of Merseyside, the existing structure was demolished in order to construct this extraordinary building, adding a brand new 800-seater auditorium, spacious foyer, 765sq m conference and meeting area and an expanded bar and lounge area to cater for all areas of the new building.
The building incorporated a biomass boiler to achieve a goal of 10% renewable energy.