A high BREEAM rating can conjure a great deal of pride, for those involved in a buildings construction and for its occupants. BREEAM is the world’s most commonly used means of reviewing and improving a buildings environmental performance.
From early-stage pre-assessments and planning through to formal design stage and post-construction reviews and certification, we provide one-stop shop solution to BREEAM requirements.
The five BREEAM ratings are as follows:
Main factors toward getting a high BREEAM rating:
- Good building management
- How the building contributes to the health and well-being of staff/occupants
- A reduction in CO2 emissions from building operations & transport to and from building
- Location and access for staff
- Water use and efficiency
- Use of responsibly resourced materials, those with a low embodied energy and recycled material
- Best use of the building’s location and footprint
- Minimising pollution
Credits are awarded for the environmental impact of the development and the categories in which credits are obtained are:
- Land use and ecology
- Health and well-being